<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Finding David Eckard 



An Open Letter to David Eckard.

Dear David,

Don't let this go to your head or anything, but you are one of the very most interesting artist/performers in Portland.

That said, I'm getting a little irritated with you.

Last week I stumbled on you by the NW Park Blocks elephant as you were finishing your speech to attendant random street folk.
Today I apparently just missed you performing outside the Winningstad while I was inside watching NWNW.
I know you gave me the postcard, but really, I can't chase you all over town...it's so vague. What the hell is "various downtown civic spaces?" It's not like I don't get out. It's not like I don't get around. It's not like I'm not trying.

And I'm starting to feel a little bit like last year when you were supposedly locked in a room at the Modern Zoo, but we couldn't see you, and the next day I swear I saw you in the Pearl.

There's only One More Day. Someone who shall remain nameless gave me your cell phone number when she was in a Really Good Mood at Machineworks last night. I could call, but how would that help the rest of the hapless chasing your ass around Portland?

I don't like to be pinned down any more than the next guy. And maybe it's part of the piece that it must be stumbled upon and not "attended." But I have Expectations. Please post expected coordinates (longitude and latitude) for at least three specific performance times within the next 24 hours ASAP. Or email me.

I mean it.

Best Regards,
Lisa



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?