<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

September 15 

Tonight I went to Silt. I was apprehensive when the people at the door informed me that the piece was interactive. What are they going to do to me? I thought. But I braved it anyway and it turned out that they kept to themselves pretty much. I enjoyed them pulling at the screens like taffy, especially in the beginning when there was a river, time lapsed and twinned. There were more film segments later at Machineworks. Johnne Eschleman stood outside under the streetlight, playing 45’s on a record player strapped to his chest. It reminded me of Robert Deniro in Brazil “Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there’s trouble, man alone” And like Deniro, under the radar, not officially endorsed but adding much soul to the night. Inside the massive building, Steve Doughton climbed up and down scaffolding, tending to his family of projectors. Coaxing images from one, then another, then cutting the beam of light with his hand. Robot girls smiling and winking at him from the screen.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?