<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

September 14 

Riding my bike to see peripheral produce at Scottish rite, I looked up and saw a single cloud perfectly spotlit in the night sky. It occurred to me that it was something like what Matt Mccormick was doing with his festival. Spotlighting clouds. This reverie was interrupted though by the sight of a girl crouching down in the middle of the road. She was looking at a black cat that had been hit by a car but was breathing shallow like it was in shock. I turned my bike around so the light was flashing in the direction of the cars coming and tried to divert them to the other lane by waving my hands. Go to the right! Go around us! The cars were very reluctant to change lanes. In fact there were a number of times that it seemed to us they would rather kill us both than sacrifice the convenience of the right lane. But there was nothing that mattered more to us in that moment than the little cat. In the end, the rescue people came and took him but the cat didn’t have a tag. It left me feeling helpless and sad. The world had a hollow look to it. I didn’t make it to the movies. I forgot about the single cloud until tonight.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?