<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 19, 2003

Portland is Cuckoo for Chicken Little or Is It Over Yet? 

I was ready to be enchanted by Love's Fowl, a tiny opera performed with clothespin puppets, but as many of the children who were perhaps mistakenly drug along to this event, I was squirming in my seat by the time La Pulcina Piccola informed the king that the sky was falling.

I love art, I love craft, I love fables and puppets and costumes and silliness and song. How could I not love this? Perhaps I was ruined for La Pulcina by my exposure to another classic tale featuring freeze-dried frogs, lovingly posed, costumed and filmed by a friend's mom and shown annually at x-mas time.

I do have have to say that La Pulcina Piccola is one sassy chick. I loved her sailor costume, and her unwavering belief in the power of love in the face of relentless misfortune is admirable.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?